Sunday, November 22, 2009

Plus Size Clothes

Last week, right after we received our salary... we directly went to SM North Edsa so I can buy some clothes that I can wear at the office. I, together with hubby, went straight to SM plus size section and have found some cute pieces. I am really grateful to SM because they are offering stylish clothes to plus size women like me. Unlike before when there is still no Plus Size Section for Women... I would usually buy clothes at Ukay ukay or men's section because most of the clothes you'll gonna see in women section would
only fit for petite girls so I usually avoid it as it would only cause me disappointments. Now, I am looking forward to go to Women's Section knowing I'll have the chance of finding a cute dress or a gorgeous top. I've realized that being overweight is not an excused to be unfashionable. I envy those pleasantly plump girls who have the guts to flaunt their bodies. Maybe it's a psychological thing why I am always ashamed of my body. I just realized that I lost my self-confidence because my mom always tells me that I don't have a "k" (short for kakayahan) to wear stylish clothes when I have a big problem on my weight. She always says that before I wear fashionable clothes, I need to take care of my weight first as people will tend to scrutinize me and will just tag me as "trying hard". I love my mom and I don't blame her for my lack of self confidence because she is not aware at that time of what effect her words would do to me. It is also a warning to every parents that whatever things you inculcate in your children's mind when they are growing up... so make sure you only provide positive comments and only constructive criticisms.

By the way, here are those pieces I bought from SM. It cost me almost P2500 only for these three pieces. Plus Size clothes are more expensive than regular sizes but it is perfectly fine with me - after all, this is the first time in so many years I'm splurging for clothes.


a violet robe..haha!

a semi off shoulder shirt - violet pa rin...

and a maong jacket..

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you've learned something new on how to lose those extra weight off your body today and living and loving your life no matter what size you are in! Your comments / suggestions are always appreciated. Good Day!