Saturday, July 30, 2011

Life After Drug Addiction

I've been wanting to lose some weight for some time now. I have tried almost all the products in the market that promises instant weight loss...and not a single one of them helped me in my goal. Tried going to the gym for three months which helped me lose some 20 pounds but the pressure at work and some stuff on the house prevented me from doing my regular workout. I'm planning to get an operation such as tummy tuck or liposuction but it's too expensive nowadays and there's a health risk as well. A friend of my once told me a joke about getting into drugs because for sure, I'll gonna lose my apetite which would ensure dramatic weight loss but I didn't laugh at all. I know how dangerous being an addict is.

I should know, my cousin is a drug addict. Though were not really that close, I can tell from my aunt's stories about him that he is giving them a hard time. I used to know him as a shy little boy way back but now he is like a wild animal, stealing money even from her mom who feeds him just for the heck of buying his daily dose of illegal drugs. My aunt already gave up on him. She left him and lived with us for a month. I guess that has been an eye opener for him, he immediately planned to be treated in a Drug Rehabilitation facility. Up to this day, a month after he's been admitted to the rehab, he is still battling against those urges, but I know that he would get well soon. I know he can do it for his beloved mother.

I had the chance to talk to him when he called her mom, I asked him how he is feeling and he said he hasn't been in any better situation than he is now. He is just fortunate to find drug treatment facility that caters on his specific needs. He has been clean for three weeks now and is hoping to be clean from illegal drugs for the rest of his life. He urged me to persuade my brother undergo an Alcohol Treatment from the same facility. From the tone of his voice, I know that he finally realized he still have a life after drug addiction. I hope my brother who is an alcoholic would take the same decision as my cousin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you've learned something new on how to lose those extra weight off your body today and living and loving your life no matter what size you are in! Your comments / suggestions are always appreciated. Good Day!